Health & Safety
Here at Keyishoes we have taken pride in operating professionally from the outset. Our priority has always been to the health and safety of our customers and staff as well as the security of our premises.
Health & Safety
In the initial months of commencing our business operation, we arranged for an Environmental Health Inspection to assess how we were doing and make suggestions as to how we could improve. We promptly addressed any shortfalls and very quickly received a letter confirming that we were doing the job right!
Here at Keyishoes we take all of the following steps:
- Periodic Inspection of our electrical system
- Our initial inspection determined that we needed to upgrade some of our systems to include a system to automatically switch off systems if an Earth fault should occur.
- PATs Testing
- Our PATs testing ensures that all our electrical equipment is operating safely. This was most recently completed in November 2013
- Fire Risk - We have taken a number of steps to reduce the risk of fire. These are as follows:
- Installed Fire Extiguishers which are serviced each year (most recently - November 2013)
- We have 2 Smoke detectors installed. One in the main workshop and another in a cupboard space at the rear of our unit
- Our security system also includes heat sensors which trigger an alarm which is remotely monitored by a security firm who automatically attend the unit when unattended.
- our shoe repair machine contains flamable dust from working on shoes and so is frequently emptied to reduce risk
- Bins and emptied and waste removed regularly
- All power is switched off each night when the unit is closed
- Accident & Other Health Risks
- A risk assessment is carried out regularly to check for risks or potential risks to our customers & staff
- An accident book is located on the premises for use in the unlikely event of an incident
- A well stocked First Aid Kit is available on site
- Chemical, Glues and other materials are used responsibly. Hand sanitiser and Barrier Creams are available for use
- Goggles are provided for when operating key machines etc. where debris could cause eye injury to the operator
- Public Liability
- At Keyishoes we hold insurance for the risk of Public Liability for the sum of £5,000,000
- Our unit in Kingstown is protected by a sophisticated security system. Sensors are fitted to the doors and towing hitch as well as interior sensors and audio monitors to detect a security breach and sound the alarm. In addition, our security system automatically makes a telephone call to a local security company located just a few hundred yards away as well as sending a text message to ourselves informing us of a breach. This means the security company can be on the premises in a matter of minutes! In addition, the unit is fitted with Hitchlock and Wheel Clamps.
I'm sure you will agree that our attention to Health, Safety and Security proves that we take these issues very seriously and operate in a professional manner at all times.